This kind of party hasn't stopped until your father gets home

No kind of aggravation 
like family nonsense aggravation 
cuz the family nonsense don't stop, 

...not after all the times she's been to the hypnotist, or gone on Chantix again. She actually hired a bodyguard to like, prevent her? 
Yeah no, no, she fired him the same week! 
No, she fired him, she didn't break up with him!!!
WHAT.
No I did NOT know, oh my GOD and THEN she fired him so she didn't HAVE to break up with him!? 
So anyway, *I* still say a conscious and intentional practice of pica is the only thing that will interfere in the oral fixation, subvert the muscle memory of liking things that taste bad, what with growing up in the war and all.  
Like rubber squares, or sterile sand. I told her AGAIN last month, Just try chewing this rubber! Feel it in your teeth and lick it! okay not this one, no...  
Yeah no... yeah...  
Well, I forget how long it's been I my bag, but the point is, it is her oral fixation piece that is REALLY what's behind the cigars.
Sure, the sticks too, I guess, they're like cigars... 
No, actually that does NOT count as pica! 
No! Because it is a cigar replacement! 
No she does NOT take them from the dog, you made that up to get me in trouble!
Because I was TEN that's why. 
No you always do this! 
Uhhuh. 
No, to entertain your own self, by seeing if I still fall for it! 
Like i can't tell when you're making up a preposterous lie to get you out of saying anything serious. 
No yeah no its funny this time, you just had to keep trying for thirty years. 
Okay I gotta go. Bye.



~original draft

No kind of aggravation like family nonsense aggravation cuz the family nonsense don't quit, not after all the times she's been to the hypnotist, tried Chantix again, I for one still say a conscious and intentional practice of pica is the only thing that will interfere in the oral fixation, subvert the muscle memory of liking things that taste bad, what with the war and all.  Like rubber squares, or sterile sand. I told her AGAIN last month, Just try chewing this rubber! Feel it in your teeth and lick it! okay not this one, no...  Yeah no... yeah...  i forget how long it's been I my bag, but the point is, it is her oral fixation piece that  is REALLY what's behind the cigars. Sure, the sticks too, I guess, they're like cigars... No actually that does NOT count as pica! No you always do this! Okay. Okay I gotta go. Bye.


Comments

  1. This one really nails that conversant, looping train of thought you can get in a bad state of mind

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe i meant it to be one side of a phone conversation. I quite see how it works as a train of thought, though, one where you are sure of what the other party will say and are just running a script like you imagine it would play out, maybe not even bothering to word for word come up with what so-and-so will say; i experience those as a kind of emotion- and semantically-coded response ping.

      This person has clearly nagged their family with this idee-fixe of 'conscious and intentional practice of pica' time and again, a phrase that makes me laugh out loud. Chew on the sand, Mom, you don't want Chantix nightmares do you?

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Gnomes, Dwarves, Pointy Hats, & Anti-Jewish Tropes [draft]

Napoleon was more like Godzilla

Appendix ن