[Personal] I have a right to be in this war

 I have a right to be in this war.

I have a right to my voice, my space, my work, my striving and my own path

to learn, to flower and fruit with wisdom, power, and beauty.

And in this war, I have many comrades, some known to me, most unknown;

I may have enemies beyond my dense self and the divisive whisperer,

but those two are my only true opponents; most everyone else is a comrade, a prisoner of war

(though walking about, paroled, sporting bling and shooting off selfhood)

(lotta people walking around bleeding, broken limbs trailing, setting booby traps for the other veterans, blithely unaware this is a blast zone, quite certain what they live is healthy and we have always been at peace, thank you very much)

These, as my first task, is to see and know they are neither of my two nemeses.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gnomes, Dwarves, Pointy Hats, & Anti-Jewish Tropes [draft]

Napoleon was more like Godzilla

yr humble satrap used to count coup on the orgulous towers